May 14th is Mother's Day and we want to help you get the perfect gift for your mom! If you are lucky enough to live near our Tampa store we suggest bringing in some towels or a robe to get monogrammed. Pair with some bath bombs, handmade soaps, or a nice bottle of wine for a relaxing mom gift.
We also have tons of gift options online as well. And we offer free shipping when you spend $50 or more. We are taking orders for Mother's Day until May 10th.
1. Flower Arranger- Our three pack flower arranger has three different size arrangers for various vases. These can be used with either real or fake flowers.
2. Corkcicle Canteens and Tumblers- One of our most popular gift offerings. The Corkcicle canteen can keep drinks cold for 25 hours and hot for 12 hours. The 25oz canteen can hold an entire bottle of wine. The Corkcicle tumblers keep drinks cold for 9 hours and hot for 3. Both are a great gift for mom and we offer monogramming on both.
3. Monogrammed Scarves- Scarves are the perfect accessory to any outfit. And the best part is you don't have to worry about mom's size. Pashmina scarves can be dressed up as a shawl for a night out or dressed down with a tee and jeans.
4. Wine Tote- Our canvas wine totes are Made in the USA, hold an entire bottle of wine, and feature super fun sayings. Pick one that fits her personality. Our fav is this one, Mother's Little Helper.
What ever you decide to get her just know Dixieland Monogram always wraps our gifts in tissue before shipping. That way they are ready to gift when they come to you! Perfect if your mom doesn't live nearby. We can ship directly to her with no visible pricing. We can even include a card if you like. Just call the store to see what options we have available. 813-530-6108
Weddings are full of traditions. Ever wonder why we throw a bouquet or it is bad luck to see the bride before you're married? Traditions. Well here in the South we like to add our own brand of tradition. An obvious one being that everything is better with a monogram. But lets get down to some you may not have heard of.
1. Burying a bottle of bourbon- in the South we love a beautiful outdoor wedding as well as a good ole' bottle of bourbon. One tradition states that the couple should burry a bottle of bourbon upside down one month before at their wedding location in order to keep rain away. Not to mention digging it up on your wedding day makes for a fun bridal party activity and even better pictures!Photo by William Walker Photography
2. Charm cake pull- everyone knows you are supposed to keep the top tier of your wedding cake and eat it on your first anniversary, but the charm pull is a little Southern twist on this. Charms on a piece of ribbon are baked into the cake and each bridesmaid pulls a charm and it signifies something that will happen soon in her life. The girl who pulls a ring is the next to get engaged.
Cake Pull Charms; Photo: Jen Huang
3. Second line- this next one is too fun. Popular in locations like New Orleans the second line traditionally takes place after the ceremony. Guests follow the bride and groom in a parade of sorts. Usually there is a band and cheering and just having a good ole' time.Wedding Photography: Austin Gros
4. Groom's cakes- the wedding seems to be all about the bride but this one tradition is about the groom. Traditionally the bride will design the groom's cake around his hobbies, interests, etc. The cake is usually chocolate and well FUN!
5. Bridal sessions- Photography hasn't always been such a big part of the wedding day, but in the South it was customary to take pictures of the bride on her big day. This picture would then get blown up and hung in the parent's house.
So which Southern tradition would you like to try?
Monogrammed canvas tote bag
Monogrammed Color Clutch/Crossbody Bag-Black | Dixieland Monogram –...
Made in the South Tote-White with Zipper and Gold Writing – Dixieland...
Red and White Preppy Pattern Toss Beach Tote – Dixieland Monogram
If you are a laid back chick like me who hates rocking heals these flats are perfect options for you. I am also getting married outside so flats are just a more sensible option.1. Wanting a fancy option but with no heal so you can dance the night away? We found these on Style Me Pretty and well LOVE2. I love how this bride sported ballet style flats for her ceremony. The pink complicates her wedding dress beautifully. Picture from Snippet and Ink.3. Getting married on the beach or going somewhere tropical for the honeymoon? Monogrammed sandals are a must! Wear them for your whole wedding and use them to change into something comfortable for the reception. Make it the first item with your new monogram.4. Bridal Musing has some adorable bridal Toms picture on their website! Perfect for a fun bride that wants to be comfortable.