Sometimes it is so easy to get worked up about what is going wrong. Whether it be a bad day at work, bad hair day, or something much worse let's thinkHere is a list of a few things that make me happy that it's Fall.1. Football! I just love spending weekends cheering on my favorite college and NFL teams. It is also a great excuse to BBQ or spend time with friends whether to cheer on the same team or for some friendly competition. and if I get a chance to head to Gainesville for a game in the Swamp there is nothing better (yes you guessed it I am a Florida Gator).What is your favorite place to watch your team(s)?2. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Of course there are the famous Starbuck's pumpkin spice lattes but there are so many other fun Pumpkin items! Just the other day I went to Trader Joes and everything seemed to be pumpkin. I got pumpkin K Cups, oatmeal, cereal and even some yummy pumpkin seeds for snacking. Not to mention checking out a local pumpkin patch is a blast (and the perfect place for adorable Fall pics with the besties).3. Cooler Weather. Yes it is finally cooling off (well a little bit I am in Florida after all). So celebrate with an outside stroll, eating outside, checking out a farmer's market. Fresh air is definitely good for the soul.4. Fall Crafts. I love to a good theme and what better one is there than fall! The colors for one are gorg! Check out these adorable Fall Mason jars which are perfect for any Southern home.5. And possibly my favorite thing about Fall. HALLOWEEN! Creating the perfect costume if always tops on my Fall list! Scouring Pinterest for unique ideas if my go to.What costumes are you "dying" for this year?I hope this list gives you a little something to smile about and you enjoy Fall as much as I do. And if you don't well it is only 69 more days till Christmas.xoxo Dixieland
We just opened up our busiest time of the year with our first Junior League Holiday Market of the season. Hollydays is a four day holiday event at the Baton Rouge River Center.We felt more than welcomed by the ladies of the Junior League as well as the locals of Baton Rouge (even though the Gators were supposed to play LSU that weekend)We were able to showcase some brand new products such as one of a kind handmade soaps and some brand new Bourbon and Boweties bracelets.Not to mention our fully stocked collection of Corkcicle canteens and tumblers. ALL THE COLORS! Am I right?As much as had eating all the food and meeting a ton of new people we are glad to be home. Cya next year Hollydays Baton Rouge!Upcoming Holiday Schedule:Shopping Spree Raleigh, NC- November 3-6thJunior League of Tampa Holiday Gift Market- November 10-13thJunior League of Palm Beach Deck the Palms November 19th
We have teamed up with one of our fav designers, bloggers and just all round amazing girl bosses Ashley Brooke to give away not one but 4 monogrammed phone cases!
Winner will be able to choose from any of her lovely designs and pick any of our monogrammed options.
And the best part when you win your bestie wins too!
So, all you have to do is enter, and pray to the giveaway gods that we draw your name! We will be naming winners next Friday, but until then… enter and then tell your bestie to enter, because we all love doubling our chances to win!We are obsessed with all their options I have no idea how to choose just one case. Maybe one for everyday of the week?
Good Luck Ladies!xoxo Dixieland
P.S. Giveaway valid for U.S. residents only!
*Phone cases are limited to iPhone 5s, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and Galaxy S6 and S7
It is that time of year. And no, I don't mean pumpkin spice lattes and vests galore. It's that time of year where it seems everyone has a birthday coming up. September, October and November are some of the most popular birthday months and we want to make sure you are prepared.
*Links to purchase all items in this article are at the bottom of this post*
We have tons of great ideas for anyone in your life but we wanted to focus on some of out newest faves!
1. Pineapple Bottle Opener- need we say more? Pineapples are on point and are perfect for Insta pics and, I mean, who doesn't need an adorable gold bottle opener?
2. Metallic Monogrammed Mousepad- Bestie off to college? Or maybe she is just super techy or runs a blog of her own? Prepify her desk with out monogrammed mousepad. Comes in various colors and patterns to match any girl's style.
3. Monogrammed Luggage Tags- Our luggage tags are perfect for the gal who LOVES to travel. Maybe she travels for work, or to come home from school. Either way she needs this monogrammed luggage tag so that someone doesn't take her bag accidentally (can you even imagine)
4. Monogrammed Micro Fleece- Really any monogrammed clothing is the perfect gift. But we love this micro fleece! It is so soft and comfy and perfect to throw on with leggings, or jeans, and cute boots. I mean nothing says Fall like monograms, fleece jackets and of course a Starbucks PSL.
5. Corkcicle Tumbler- Keeps drinks cold for nine hours and hot for three. Perfect for those chilly nights (cannot wait!) or keeping your water cold while at work or class.
6. Monogrammed Gold Earrings- I mean, this doesn't need much explanation. Monogrammed jewelry is the perfect gift. It is something unique she probably doesn't own already and classic enough to wear with any outfit. And with many options under $50 it doesn't break the bank.
7. Vinyl Decals- Looking for an inexpensive option? Add one of our monogrammed vinyl decals to anything for a personalized, easy, and inexpensive gift. Our monogrammed mermaid is one of our favs! but we have tons of options!
Where to buy?Monogrammed Freeport Micro Fleece Pull Over-Ice Blue – Dixieland...
Monogrammed Mousepad-Metallic Collection – Dixieland Monogram
24oz Corkcicle Tumbler-Caribbean Green – Dixieland Monogram
Gold Pineapple Can Opener – Dixieland Monogram
Mermaid Monogram Vinyl Decal-Various Sizes – Dixieland Monogram
Monogrammed Amelia Luggage Tag – Dixieland Monogram
Gold Monogrammed Stud Earrings – Dixieland Monogram
Most people don't realize the power of a college student ID. Many local and corporate stores give discounts to students.We have compiled a list of some of our favs!You know those adorable Alex & Ani bracelets everyone loves? (Let's be real we have about 20 and we have to wear them all at once of course) Show your ID and get 10% off! This deal only works online and in official corporate stores not retailers.Everyone makes monthly (if not weekly) trips to Jo Ann Fabrics for your next Pinterest project. Show your student ID and get 10% off when you join their student program.Possibly the biggest discount on our list is 5% off at Apple (worth up to $200) on most devices.You can also check most movie theaters, plays, concerts. Even insurance companies and cell phone providers are known to give a discount to students.So before you pay ask if they have a student discount you never know what kind of money you can save!